And again: I just noted that this page is terribly outdated ... so another bit of work on my to do list ...
My role on OmegaWiki:
I am a Bureaucrat and one of the initiators of this project - if you want to know the person who started this project with me in August 2004, just have a look at Gerard's user page.
Work in real life
- I have been working as a freelance translator since 1993, translating mainly from Italian and English to German.
- 31 March 2006: Today I was told that I should consider my English near-native ... well, it is not up to me to really understand that, but since I was told by a person who would tell me also that I sould not use it, I'll take it as is and gladly change my "Tower of Babel" to en-4 .
- 20 September 2013: After a long time I am back here. Blogs about the past years and the connection to today's work will follow on cretella.de. It's a reasoned decision. Thanks to those who made the upload of terminology possible.
- 28 September 2013: During the past years I collected quite a bunch of translations for a Children's dictionary. Right now I am adding these defined meanings to the OLPC Children's dictionary and transfer the OmegaWiki-ID to my table with words, so that translations we collecten can then be added to OmegaWiki. Very likely I will use the same lists also in future to collect data and translations.
- 9 October 2013: it seems it takes ages to add those IDs - only at entry no. 60 right now and for basic terminology there are 2000 ... sic ...
Thanks for your attention - all that comes below is just a list of various things to do, notes etc. - so it is to be considered work in progress ...
This part neads heavy review ... it's all about getting people involved in the end ... let's see if we can find a way.
Subpages of my user page
That is one of those things ... I need a place where to keep my stuff ... and it gets too much to just have it in Firefox etc. so it makes sense to have it in a wiki ... but creating a separate wiki does not make sense either ... so I today (19th of March 2006) decided to go the subpages way on the project where I will work most during the following months.
- Weiter hier: http://www.omegawiki.org/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&offset=20070319105218&limit=500&target=Barbara
- Mit DefinedMeaning:annidamento (476960)
Word of the Day
Stuff to remember
How to add a region to a language
- find the expression corresponding to the language => Expression:Main-Franconian
- edit the page (or the DM), obviously :)
- At the bottom there is a section "class attributes" (between class and collections)
- There you will find "area". At the corresponding rightmost column you can add more areas.